Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Cottage City, MD
Cottage City, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Cottage City
- Minimum Liability Limits in Cottage City, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Cottage City 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Cottage City Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Cottage City, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Cottage City 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Cottage City
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Cottage City, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Cottage City, MD 
Detailed information about Cottage City laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Cottage City
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Cottage City, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Cottage City regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Cottage City
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Cottage City Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Cottage City
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Cottage City, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Cottage City produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Cottage City
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Cottage City, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Cottage City produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Cottage City
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Cottage City, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Cottage City produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Cottage City, MD
Cottage City Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Cottage City 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Cottage City Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Cottage City 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Cottage City Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Cottage City, MD
Income: Cottage City vs. Maryland
Median household income in Cottage City, MD is $41,975, which is approximately 46 percent less than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Cottage City, MD Income Breakdown
The town of Cottage City has a median household income of $41,975, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 9 percent of all households in Cottage City have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Cottage City vs. Nation
The Cottage City, MD median household income of $41,975 is approximately 28 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
About Cottage City
The town of Cottage City (Maryland) has an approximate population of 1,305 and is located in Prince Georges County. 
Cottage City, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Cottage City, or for additional resources related to Cottage City Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)