Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Franklin, LA
Franklin, LA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Franklin
- Minimum Liability Limits in Franklin, LA: 15/30/25 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Franklin 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Franklin Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Franklin, LA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Franklin 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Franklin
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Franklin, LA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Franklin, LA 
Detailed information about Franklin laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Franklin
- There is no separate class of driver's license for motorcycle riders.
- To operate a motorcycle, a person must obtain an endorsement to his or her regular driver's license. An endorsement can be obtained by passing an operation skills test and a knowledge test. An operation skills test does not have to be taken if the applicant successfully completed the Department-approved Motorcycle Safety, Awareness, and Operation Training Program.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Franklin, LA 
Various regulations and laws in Franklin regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Franklin
- All motorcycle riders must wear a properly equipped safety helmet.
- All motorcycle operators must wear protective eye gear, unless the motorcycle is equipped with a windshield of sufficient height to protect the operator's eyes.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every new motorcycle sold in Louisiana must have 2 red reflectors. All other motorcycles must have at least 1 reflector, which must be mounted properly so that it is visible for at least 100 feet.
- Every motorcycle must have 2 properly equipped white headlights on the front of the motorcycle that emit a white beam.
Rider & Driver Facts in Franklin, LA
Franklin Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Franklin 
- Crashes must be reported immediately in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500. Crashes must be reported when property damage exceeds $100.
- The deadline to file a report is 1 day.
Franklin Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Franklin 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in LA 
- Louisiana ranked 24th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Franklin Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in LA 
- In 2012, Louisiana totaled 68,297 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 36th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: LA ranked 23rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Louisiana
The city of Franklin (Louisiana) has an approximate population of 7,660 and is located in St. Mary County. 
Franklin, LA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Franklin, or for additional resources related to Franklin Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Louisiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Louisiana DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)