Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Rochester, KY
Rochester, KY Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Rochester
- Minimum Liability Limits in Rochester, KY: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Rochester 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Rochester Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Rochester, KY.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Rochester 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Rochester
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Rochester, KY
Motorcycle License Regulations in Rochester, KY 
Detailed information about Rochester laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Rochester
- Any person who already possesses a valid intermediate driver's license, or who is at least 18 years old, may apply for an instruction permit to operate a motorcycle. A motorcycle instruction permit is valid for 1 year.
- An applicant for a motorcycle license must pass a roadside demonstration test.
- Motorcycle rider training courses are provided free of charge to applicants under 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of an approved rider training course, which includes a minimum of 8 hours of hands-on instruction, permits exemption from the licensing skill test for motorcycle license applicants.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Rochester, KY 
Various regulations and laws in Rochester regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Rochester
- Any rider under the age of 21, or any person operating a motorcycle with an instruction permit, or any person who has held a motorcycle license for less than 1 year must wear a safety helmet. Riders 21 and older may ride without a helmet if they can provide proof of a medical insurance policy.
- All persons operating a motorcycle must wear protective eye gear.
- Passengers must use a footrest permanently attached to that vehicle and specifically designed to carry that person in a safe manner.
- Every motorcycle or moped must be equipped with at least 1 headlamp.
- All motorcycles must be equipped with a rearview mirror.
Rider & Driver Facts in Rochester, KY
Rochester Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Rochester 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases or death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Rochester Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Rochester 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in KY 
- Kentucky ranked 25th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Rochester Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in KY 
- In 2012, Kentucky totaled 100,506 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 28th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: KY ranked 26th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Kentucky
The city of Rochester (Kentucky) has an approximate population of 152 and is located in Butler County. 
Rochester, KY Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Rochester, or for additional resources related to Rochester Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Kentucky Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Kentucky DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)