Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Monticello, KY
Monticello, KY Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Monticello
- Minimum Liability Limits in Monticello, KY: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Monticello 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Monticello Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Monticello, KY.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Monticello 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Monticello
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Monticello, KY
Motorcycle License Regulations in Monticello, KY 
Detailed information about Monticello laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Monticello
- Any person who already possesses a valid intermediate driver's license, or who is at least 18 years old, may apply for an instruction permit to operate a motorcycle. A motorcycle instruction permit is valid for 1 year.
- An applicant for a motorcycle license must pass a roadside demonstration test.
- Motorcycle rider training courses are provided free of charge to applicants under 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of an approved rider training course, which includes a minimum of 8 hours of hands-on instruction, permits exemption from the licensing skill test for motorcycle license applicants.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Monticello, KY 
Various regulations and laws in Monticello regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Monticello
- Any rider under the age of 21, or any person operating a motorcycle with an instruction permit, or any person who has held a motorcycle license for less than 1 year must wear a safety helmet. Riders 21 and older may ride without a helmet if they can provide proof of a medical insurance policy.
- All persons operating a motorcycle must wear protective eye gear.
- Passengers must use a footrest permanently attached to that vehicle and specifically designed to carry that person in a safe manner.
- Every motorcycle or moped must be equipped with at least 1 headlamp.
- All motorcycles must be equipped with a rearview mirror.
Rider & Driver Facts in Monticello, KY
Monticello Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Monticello 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases or death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Monticello Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Monticello 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in KY 
- Kentucky ranked 25th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Monticello Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in KY 
- In 2012, Kentucky totaled 100,506 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 28th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: KY ranked 26th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Kentucky
The city of Monticello (Kentucky) has an approximate population of 6,188 and is located in Wayne County. 
Monticello, KY Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Monticello, or for additional resources related to Monticello Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Kentucky Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Kentucky DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)