Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Houston Acres, KY
Houston Acres, KY Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Houston Acres
- Minimum Liability Limits in Houston Acres, KY: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Houston Acres 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Houston Acres Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Houston Acres, KY.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Houston Acres 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Houston Acres
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Houston Acres, KY
Motorcycle License Regulations in Houston Acres, KY 
Detailed information about Houston Acres laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Houston Acres
- Any person who already possesses a valid intermediate driver's license, or who is at least 18 years old, may apply for an instruction permit to operate a motorcycle. A motorcycle instruction permit is valid for 1 year.
- An applicant for a motorcycle license must pass a roadside demonstration test.
- Motorcycle rider training courses are provided free of charge to applicants under 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of an approved rider training course, which includes a minimum of 8 hours of hands-on instruction, permits exemption from the licensing skill test for motorcycle license applicants.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Houston Acres, KY 
Various regulations and laws in Houston Acres regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Houston Acres
- Any rider under the age of 21, or any person operating a motorcycle with an instruction permit, or any person who has held a motorcycle license for less than 1 year must wear a safety helmet. Riders 21 and older may ride without a helmet if they can provide proof of a medical insurance policy.
- All persons operating a motorcycle must wear protective eye gear.
- Passengers must use a footrest permanently attached to that vehicle and specifically designed to carry that person in a safe manner.
- Every motorcycle or moped must be equipped with at least 1 headlamp.
- All motorcycles must be equipped with a rearview mirror.
Rider & Driver Facts in Houston Acres, KY
Houston Acres Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Houston Acres 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases or death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Houston Acres Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Houston Acres 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in KY 
- Kentucky ranked 25th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Houston Acres Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in KY 
- In 2012, Kentucky totaled 100,506 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 28th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: KY ranked 26th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Kentucky
About Houston Acres
The city of Houston Acres (Kentucky) has an approximate population of 507 and is located in Jefferson County. 
Houston Acres, KY Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Houston Acres, or for additional resources related to Houston Acres Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Kentucky Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Kentucky DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)