Motorcycle Insurance Providers in French Lick, IN
French Lick, IN Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in French Lick
- Minimum Liability Limits in French Lick, IN: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in French Lick 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
French Lick Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of French Lick, IN.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in French Lick 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in French Lick
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in French Lick, IN
Motorcycle License Regulations in French Lick, IN 
Detailed information about French Lick laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in French Lick
- The operator of a motorcycle may have either a motorcycle learner's permit or a commercial or a regular driver's license, chauffeur's license, or public passenger chauffeur's license with a motorcycle endorsement.
- A temporary motorcycle learner's permit can be issued to a person who holds a valid operator, chauffer or public passenger chauffer base license and passes a vision screening and motorcycle knowledge test. A learner's permit allows the driver to drive on the highway for a period of 1 year as long as the driver wears a helmet, does not carry passengers, and only operates the motorcycle during daylight hours.
- A motorcycle license endorsement may be issued if the operator passes a motorcycle skills test or provides proof of completing the Motorcycle Operator's Safety Education Training course as well as a vision screening or has a current motorcycle operator endorsement or license from any other jurisdiction and successfully completes the written test.
- A motorcycle learner's permit cannot be issued to a person younger than 16 and 180 days of age.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in French Lick, IN 
Various regulations and laws in French Lick regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in French Lick
- Helmet is required for all riders and passengers under the age of 18.
- Eye protection is required for all riders and passengers under the age of 18.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- A motorcycle operated on the roads of Indiana must be equipped with handlebars that are not higher than the shoulders of the driver when seated in the saddle.
- Motorcycles must have good working front and rear brakes, and be equipped with lights and reflectors meeting the standards of the U.S. DOT.
Rider & Driver Facts in French Lick, IN
French Lick Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in French Lick 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported if they result in death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported if property damage exceeds $750.
French Lick Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in French Lick 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 65 mph)
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in IN 
- Indiana ranked 13th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
French Lick Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in IN 
- In 2012, Indiana totaled 223,103 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 12th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: IN ranked 13th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Indiana
About French Lick
The town of French Lick (Indiana) has an approximate population of 1,807 and is located in Orange County. 
French Lick, IN Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in French Lick, or for additional resources related to French Lick Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Indiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Indiana DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)