Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Cheswold, DE
Cheswold, DE Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Cheswold
- Minimum Liability Limits in Cheswold, DE: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Cheswold 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Cheswold Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Cheswold, DE.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Cheswold 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Cheswold
- Motorcycle helmets required for 18 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Cheswold, DE
Motorcycle License Regulations in Cheswold, DE 
Detailed information about Cheswold laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Cheswold
- No person shall operate a motorcycle without being properly licensed, having passed an examination testing the person's ability to operate such a vehicle safely, or without completing the Motorcycle Rider Education Program as implemented by the DOT.
- Riders who take an endorsement skills test on a three-wheeled motorcycle will have a three-wheeled motorcycle restriction, in addition to the motorcycle endorsement, limiting their operation to three-wheeled motorcycles only.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Cheswold, DE 
Various regulations and laws in Cheswold regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Cheswold
- Every person under age 19 operating or riding on a motorcycle shall have a safety helmet and wear an eye protection approved by the DOT.
- If the motorcycle is designed for passengers, it must be equipped with passenger footrests.
- A person operating a motorcycle shall ride only on the permanent and regular seat.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps.
Rider & Driver Facts in Cheswold, DE
Cheswold Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Cheswold 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $500.
Cheswold Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Cheswold 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in DE 
- Delaware ranked 47th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Cheswold Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in DE 
- In 2012, Delaware totaled 30,730 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 48th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: DE ranked 45th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Delaware
The town of Cheswold (Delaware) has an approximate population of 1,380 and is located in Kent County. 
Cheswold, DE Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Cheswold, or for additional resources related to Cheswold Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Delaware Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Delaware DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)