Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bethany Beach, DE
Bethany Beach, DE Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bethany Beach
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bethany Beach, DE: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bethany Beach 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Bethany Beach Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bethany Beach, DE.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bethany Beach 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bethany Beach
- Motorcycle helmets required for 18 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bethany Beach, DE
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bethany Beach, DE 
Detailed information about Bethany Beach laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bethany Beach
- No person shall operate a motorcycle without being properly licensed, having passed an examination testing the person's ability to operate such a vehicle safely, or without completing the Motorcycle Rider Education Program as implemented by the DOT.
- Riders who take an endorsement skills test on a three-wheeled motorcycle will have a three-wheeled motorcycle restriction, in addition to the motorcycle endorsement, limiting their operation to three-wheeled motorcycles only.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bethany Beach, DE 
Various regulations and laws in Bethany Beach regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bethany Beach
- Every person under age 19 operating or riding on a motorcycle shall have a safety helmet and wear an eye protection approved by the DOT.
- If the motorcycle is designed for passengers, it must be equipped with passenger footrests.
- A person operating a motorcycle shall ride only on the permanent and regular seat.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bethany Beach, DE
Bethany Beach Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bethany Beach 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $500.
Bethany Beach Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bethany Beach 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in DE 
- Delaware ranked 47th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bethany Beach Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in DE 
- In 2012, Delaware totaled 30,730 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 48th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: DE ranked 45th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Delaware
About Bethany Beach
The town of Bethany Beach (Delaware) has an approximate population of 1,060 and is located in Sussex County. 
Bethany Beach, DE Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bethany Beach, or for additional resources related to Bethany Beach Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Delaware Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Delaware DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)