Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Citrus Heights, CA
Citrus Heights, CA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Citrus Heights
- Minimum Liability Limits in Citrus Heights, CA: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: CA has a California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan for low-income drivers with low-cost policy limits of $10,000/$20,000/$3,000.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Citrus Heights 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Citrus Heights Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Citrus Heights, CA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Citrus Heights 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Citrus Heights
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Citrus Heights, CA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Citrus Heights, CA 
Detailed information about Citrus Heights laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Citrus Heights
- Motorcycles may be operated by holders of instruction permits who are at least 15 years and 6 months old and have completed both an approved driver education course and a driver training course, or by holders of instruction permits who are at least 17 years and 6 months old.
- Motorcycles may not be operated by either instruction permit holder after dark or on freeways and may not carry passengers.
- Class M1 or M2 licenses shall not be issued to persons under 21 unless they provide evidence of completion of an approved motorcycle safety training program.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Citrus Heights, CA 
Various regulations and laws in Citrus Heights regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Citrus Heights
- All riders and passengers of motorcycles and mopeds must wear a safety helmet.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in California.
- A person shall not drive a two-wheel motorcycle that is equipped with handlebars so positioned that the hands of the driver, when upon the grips, are more than six inches above his or her shoulder height when sitting astride the seat.
- Motorcycles must have at least 1 mirror located so as to give the driver a view of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
- Motorcycles must have 1 or 2 head-lamps that turn on automatically when the engine is started and remain lighted while the engine is running.
Rider & Driver Facts in Citrus Heights, CA
Citrus Heights Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Citrus Heights 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death or injury or when property damage exceeds $750.
- Reports must be filed within 10 days.
Citrus Heights Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Citrus Heights 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 55 mph)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph)
- Other roads: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph)
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in CA 
- California ranked 1st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Citrus Heights Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in CA 
- In 2012, California totaled 787,521 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 1st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: CA ranked 1st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about California
About Citrus Heights
The city of Citrus Heights (California) has an approximate population of 83,301 and is located in Sacramento County. 
Citrus Heights, CA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Citrus Heights, or for additional resources related to Citrus Heights Motorcycle Insurance, visit the California Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or California DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)