Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Westover, AL
Westover, AL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Westover
- Minimum Liability Limits in Westover, AL: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Westover 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Westover Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Westover, AL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Westover 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Westover
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Westover, AL
Motorcycle License Regulations in Westover, AL 
Detailed information about Westover laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Westover
- A driver's license issued pursuant to state law suffices to operate a motor-driven cycle.
- A person 14 years of age or older may obtain an operator's license for motor-driven cycle and must register with the Director of Public Safety.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Westover, AL 
Various regulations and laws in Westover regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Westover
- Protective headgear and shoes required for motorcycle operators and passengers.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Alabama.
- Motorcycle carrying passengers, except in sidecar or enclosed cab, shall have footrests for passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above that portion of the seat occupied by the operator.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Alabama.
Local Companies in Westover Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Westover
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Westover, AL.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Westover produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Westover
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Westover, AL.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Westover produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Westover
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Westover, AL.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Westover produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Westover, AL
Westover Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Westover 
- Crashes are required to be reported in incidents of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $250.
- The deadline to file a (safety responsibility) report is 30 days.
Westover Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Westover 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AL 
- Alabama ranked 17th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Westover Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AL 
- In 2012, Alabama totaled 132,465 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 23rd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AL ranked 21st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Westover, AL
Income: Westover vs. Alabama
Median household income in Westover, AL is $38,934, which is approximately INF percent greater than the median income of $ in the state of Alabama overall. 
Westover, AL Income Breakdown
The town of Westover has a median household income of $38,934, versus $ for the entire state of Alabama and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 10 percent of all households in Westover have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Westover vs. Nation
The Westover, AL median household income of $38,934 is approximately 33 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Alabama
The town of Westover (Alabama) has an approximate population of 1,275 and is located in Shelby County. 
Westover, AL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Westover, or for additional resources related to Westover Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Alabama Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
$dyk = array(
"Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.",
"Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.",
"Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).",
"Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.",
"Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.",
"In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.",
"The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.",
"The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.",
"According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.",
"In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)"
$num = count($dyk);
$rand = (rand()%$num);
// "Motorcycle insurance is compulsory in every state with the exception of four: HI, MT, NH, & WA.",
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Alabama DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)