Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Avon, AL
Avon, AL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Avon
- Minimum Liability Limits in Avon, AL: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Avon 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Avon Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Avon, AL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Avon 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Avon
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Avon, AL
Motorcycle License Regulations in Avon, AL 
Detailed information about Avon laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Avon
- A driver's license issued pursuant to state law suffices to operate a motor-driven cycle.
- A person 14 years of age or older may obtain an operator's license for motor-driven cycle and must register with the Director of Public Safety.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Avon, AL 
Various regulations and laws in Avon regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Avon
- Protective headgear and shoes required for motorcycle operators and passengers.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Alabama.
- Motorcycle carrying passengers, except in sidecar or enclosed cab, shall have footrests for passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above that portion of the seat occupied by the operator.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Alabama.
Rider & Driver Facts in Avon, AL
Avon Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Avon 
- Crashes are required to be reported in incidents of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $250.
- The deadline to file a (safety responsibility) report is 30 days.
Avon Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Avon 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AL 
- Alabama ranked 17th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Avon Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AL 
- In 2012, Alabama totaled 132,465 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 23rd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AL ranked 21st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Alabama
The town of Avon (Alabama) has an approximate population of 543 and is located in Houston County. 
Avon, AL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Avon, or for additional resources related to Avon Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Alabama Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Alabama DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)