Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Douglas, WY
Douglas, WY Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Douglas
- Minimum Liability Limits in Douglas, WY: 25/50/20 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Douglas 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Douglas Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Douglas, WY.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Douglas 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Douglas
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Douglas, WY
Motorcycle License Regulations in Douglas, WY 
Detailed information about Douglas laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Douglas
- Class M licenses are issued for motorcycles. The designation may be added to a license valid for any other class or may be issued as the only class on a license if the applicant is not licensed for any other classification.
- The Wyoming DOT offers a Basic Rider Course developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. It's designed for those who have little or no riding experience, and contains approximately 20 hours of instruction, both in the classroom and on-cycle.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Douglas, WY 
Various regulations and laws in Douglas regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Douglas
- Drivers 18 years or under operating a motorcycle on public streets, highways, or thoroughfares must wear protective headgear.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Wyoming.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- Handlebars must not be positioned so that the grips are above the shoulder height of the operator.
- A motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 head-lamp, 1 tail lamp, 1 rear red reflector, 1 stop lamp, and a white light that illuminates the license plate.
Rider & Driver Facts in Douglas, WY
Douglas Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Douglas 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Douglas Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Douglas 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 60 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in WY 
- Wyoming ranked 44th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Douglas Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in WY 
- In 2012, Wyoming totaled 31,319 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 47th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: WY ranked 47th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Wyoming
The city of Douglas (Wyoming) has an approximate population of 6,120 and is located in Converse County. 
Douglas, WY Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Douglas, or for additional resources related to Douglas Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Wyoming Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Wyoming DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)