Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Dixon, WY
Dixon, WY Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Dixon
- Minimum Liability Limits in Dixon, WY: 25/50/20 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Dixon 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Dixon Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Dixon, WY.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Dixon 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Dixon
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Dixon, WY
Motorcycle License Regulations in Dixon, WY 
Detailed information about Dixon laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Dixon
- Class M licenses are issued for motorcycles. The designation may be added to a license valid for any other class or may be issued as the only class on a license if the applicant is not licensed for any other classification.
- The Wyoming DOT offers a Basic Rider Course developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. It's designed for those who have little or no riding experience, and contains approximately 20 hours of instruction, both in the classroom and on-cycle.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Dixon, WY 
Various regulations and laws in Dixon regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Dixon
- Drivers 18 years or under operating a motorcycle on public streets, highways, or thoroughfares must wear protective headgear.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Wyoming.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- Handlebars must not be positioned so that the grips are above the shoulder height of the operator.
- A motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 head-lamp, 1 tail lamp, 1 rear red reflector, 1 stop lamp, and a white light that illuminates the license plate.
Rider & Driver Facts in Dixon, WY
Dixon Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Dixon 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Dixon Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Dixon 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 60 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in WY 
- Wyoming ranked 44th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Dixon Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in WY 
- In 2012, Wyoming totaled 31,319 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 47th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: WY ranked 47th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Wyoming
The town of Dixon (Wyoming) has an approximate population of 97 and is located in Carbon County. 
Dixon, WY Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Dixon, or for additional resources related to Dixon Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Wyoming Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Wyoming DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)