Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Lovettsville, VA
Lovettsville, VA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Lovettsville
- Minimum Liability Limits in Lovettsville, VA: 25/50/20 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Lovettsville 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Lovettsville Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Lovettsville, VA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Lovettsville 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Note: It is compulsory to buy physical damage insurance or pay an Uninsured Motorists Vehicle (UMV) fee to the state Department of Motor Vehicles.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Lovettsville
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Lovettsville, VA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Lovettsville, VA 
Detailed information about Lovettsville laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Lovettsville
- Applicants must pass a special examination including a written examination and a road test before being issued a license.
- A motorcycle written or road test may be waived for licensed members, spouses of a member, or dependents of a member of the United States Armed Services who has successfully completed a basic motorcycle rider course approved by the United States Armed Services.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Lovettsville, VA 
Various regulations and laws in Lovettsville regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Lovettsville
- Operators and any passengers thereon must wear protective helmets.
- Every person operating a motorcycle must wear a face shield, safety glasses, or goggles, or have his motorcycle equipped with safety glass or a windshield, at all times while operating the vehicle.
- Each passenger is required to have a permanently affixed seat and footrest.
- Handlebars may not be higher than 15 inches above the level of the motorcycle's seat.
- There is no passenger age restriction in the state of Virginia.
Rider & Driver Facts in Lovettsville, VA
Lovettsville Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Lovettsville 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Lovettsville Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Lovettsville 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in VA 
- Virginia ranked 12th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Lovettsville Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in VA 
- In 2012, Virginia totaled 199,489 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 15th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: VA ranked 11th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Virginia
The town of Lovettsville (Virginia) has an approximate population of 1,613 and is located in Loudoun County. 
Lovettsville, VA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Lovettsville, or for additional resources related to Lovettsville Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Virginia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Virginia DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)