Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Oak Grove, TX
Oak Grove, TX Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Oak Grove
- Minimum Liability Limits in Oak Grove, TX: 30/60/25 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Oak Grove 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Oak Grove Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Oak Grove, TX.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Oak Grove 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Oak Grove
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Oak Grove, TX
Motorcycle License Regulations in Oak Grove, TX 
Detailed information about Oak Grove laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Oak Grove
- A Class M driver's license authorizes the holder to operate a motorcycle or moped.
- An applicant required to take a motorcycle road test must provide a passenger vehicle and licensed driver to convey the license examiner during the road test. Operation of a three-wheeled motorcycle requires completion of a training course and a restricted Class M license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Oak Grove, TX 
Various regulations and laws in Oak Grove regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Oak Grove
- The operator and any passenger on a motorcycle or moped are required to wear an approved helmet. However, a person is exempt from wearing a helmet if the person is at least 21 years old, and has successfully completed a motorcycle operator and training safety course or is covered by at least $10,000 in medical benefits for injuries incurred as a result of an accident while operating or riding on a motorcycle.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Texas.
- An operator may not carry another person on the motorcycle, and a person who is not operating the motorcycle may not ride on the motorcycle, unless the motorcycle is designed to carry more than one person and equipped with footrests and handholds for use by the passenger.
- A motorcycle, including a motor-driven cycle, must be equipped with not more than 2 headlamps, at least 1 tail lamp, a separate rear license plate lamp, at least 1 stop lamp, and at least 1 rear red reflector.
- A motorcycle may not be operated at any time unless at least 1 headlamp is illuminated.
Rider & Driver Facts in Oak Grove, TX
Oak Grove Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Oak Grove 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in case of death or injury.
- Crashes resulting in death, injury, or property damage in excess of $1000 are required to be reported in writing within 10 days.
Oak Grove Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Oak Grove 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph (80 mph or 85 mph on specified segments of road)
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 75 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in TX 
- Texas ranked 2nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Oak Grove Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in TX 
- In 2012, Texas totaled 448,399 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 3rd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: TX ranked 2nd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Texas
About Oak Grove
The town of Oak Grove (Texas) has an approximate population of 603 and is located in Kaufman County. 
Oak Grove, TX Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Oak Grove, or for additional resources related to Oak Grove Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Texas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Texas DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)