Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Gordonsville, TN
Gordonsville, TN Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Gordonsville
- Minimum Liability Limits in Gordonsville, TN: 25/50/15 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Gordonsville 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Gordonsville Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Gordonsville, TN.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Gordonsville 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Gordonsville
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Gordonsville, TN
Motorcycle License Regulations in Gordonsville, TN 
Detailed information about Gordonsville laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Gordonsville
- A person who is at least 16 years of age and a legal resident of Tennessee may apply for a motorcycle license.
- Minors who are 15 years of age and legal residents of Tennessee may apply for a motorcycle learner's permit. Permit holders may only operate during daylight hours, are limited to a 20 mile radius of the permit holder's home, may not operate a motorcycle on the Interstate system, may not operate a motorcycle with an engine size greater than 650cc, and may not carry any passengers.
- Applicants who have successfully completed a motorcycle rider training course may be exempted from taking the licensing skills test and/or the knowledge test.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Gordonsville, TN 
Various regulations and laws in Gordonsville regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Gordonsville
- All motorcycle operators and passengers on a motorcycle must wear a safety helmet, unless the person is over age 21 and in an enclosed cab.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with a windshield, or the operator and any passenger must wear safety goggles, face shields, or glasses containing impact resistant lenses.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with a rearview mirror mounted on the left handlebar in an upright position and securely attached footrests for the driver and passenger.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps, which must be on at all times during operation.
- It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle unless seated in the regular seat with one leg on each side and with the headlamp illuminated.
Rider & Driver Facts in Gordonsville, TN
Gordonsville Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Gordonsville 
- Crashes involving death, injury, or when property damage is in excess of $400, are required to be reported.
- Reports must be submitted within 20 days from the crash.
Gordonsville Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Gordonsville 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in TN 
- Tennessee ranked 15th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Gordonsville Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in TN 
- In 2012, Tennessee totaled 167,566 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 20th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: TN ranked 16th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Tennessee
The town of Gordonsville (Tennessee) has an approximate population of 1,213 and is located in Smith County. 
Gordonsville, TN Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Gordonsville, or for additional resources related to Gordonsville Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Tennessee Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Tennessee DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)