Motorcycle Insurance Providers in East Greenwich, RI
East Greenwich, RI Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in East Greenwich
- Minimum Liability Limits in East Greenwich, RI: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in East Greenwich 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
East Greenwich Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of East Greenwich, RI.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in East Greenwich 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in East Greenwich
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in East Greenwich, RI
Motorcycle License Regulations in East Greenwich, RI 
Detailed information about East Greenwich laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in East Greenwich
- No person shall be licensed to operate a motorcycle or motor scooter unless he or she is at least 16 years of age, or unless the person previously has been issued a full operator's license and a motorcycle learner's permit or is already licensed under a prior act of this state.
- All applicants for a motorcycle or motor scooter license must successfully complete a motorcycle rider safety class, and pass written, vision, road sign, and road tests.
- A motorcycle learner's permit may be issued to a person who is at least 16 years old but less than 18 years old and has a limited provisional or full operator's license or is at least 18 years old and has a license.
- If the holder of the permit has a limited provisional license, the motorcycle may be driven only at times when the holder could drive a motor vehicle without supervision. The permit expires 18 months after issuance.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in East Greenwich, RI 
Various regulations and laws in East Greenwich regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in East Greenwich
- Any operator under 21 years of age, and any passenger of any age, must wear a helmet.
- Drivers of motorcycles or motor scooters are required to use eye protection when operating the vehicle.
- Any passenger on a motorcycle or motor scooter must be in a sidecar or have a separate rear seat, a separate footrest, an appropriate handlebar or grip for his or her use, and a helmet. A passenger under 12 years of age must have a properly secured backrest or equivalent unless seated in a sidecar.
- Handlebars are not permitted more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- Motorcycles must have at least 1 to 2 headlamps and at least 1 red reflector on the rear (either as part of the tail lamps or separately).
Rider & Driver Facts in East Greenwich, RI
East Greenwich Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in East Greenwich 
- Crashes are required to be reported in case of death, injury, or when property damage is in excess of $1,000.
- The deadline to file a report is 21 days.
East Greenwich Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in East Greenwich 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in RI 
- Rhode Island ranked 48th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
East Greenwich Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in RI 
- In 2012, Rhode Island totaled 33,078 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 45th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: RI ranked 46th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Rhode Island
About East Greenwich
The town of East Greenwich (Rhode Island) has an approximate population of 13,146 and is located in Kent County. 
East Greenwich, RI Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in East Greenwich, or for additional resources related to East Greenwich Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Rhode Island Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Rhode Island DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)