Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Underwood, ND
Underwood, ND Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Underwood
- Minimum Liability Limits in Underwood, ND: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Underwood 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Underwood Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Underwood, ND.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Underwood 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Underwood
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Underwood, ND
Motorcycle License Regulations in Underwood, ND 
Detailed information about Underwood laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Underwood
- A person holding an instruction permit for the operation of a motorcycle may not carry passengers and may operate the motorcycle only during the hours when use of headlights is not required.
- An applicant 16 years of age and older who does not hold a current valid driver's license, may be issued a Class M learner's permit after successful completion of a written examination. The Class M license will be issued after successful completion of a driver's examination or completion of an approved motorcycle safety course.
- Applicants 14 or 15 years of age may be issued a motorcycle learner's permit if enrolled in or have completed an approved motorcycle safety course. The learner's permit must be held for at least 2 months prior to applying for a Class M driver's license, and the permit holder must have completed the safety course and hold a valid motorcycle learner's permit at the time of application.
- A driver under 16 years of age is restricted to driving a motorcycle with an engine of 250 cubic centimeters, or less, displacement.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Underwood, ND 
Various regulations and laws in Underwood regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Underwood
- No person under the age of 18 years may operate or ride on a motorcycle unless a helmet is being worn on the head of the operator and rider. If the operator of a motorcycle is required to wear a helmet, any passenger must also wear a helmet regardless of the age of the passenger.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in North Dakota.
- A motorcycle must be equipped with footrests for each passenger not in a sidecar or enclosed cab that can support a weight of 250 lbs.
- Motorcycle handlebars must have nonslip handgrips that may not be located above the shoulder height of the seated operator. The handlebars must provide a minimum of 18 inches between grips after final assembly.
- Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle must have at least 1 brake, which may be operated by hand or foot, and at least 1 tail light and brake light.
Rider & Driver Facts in Underwood, ND
Underwood Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Underwood 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death, injury or when property damage exceeds $1,000.
- Crashes resulting in property damage only with an undomesticated animal are exempt from reporting.
Underwood Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Underwood 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in ND 
- North Dakota ranked 43rd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Underwood Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in ND 
- In 2012, North Dakota totaled 34,011 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 44th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: ND ranked 48th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about North Dakota
The city of Underwood (North Dakota) has an approximate population of 778 and is located in McLean County. 
Underwood, ND Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Underwood, or for additional resources related to Underwood Motorcycle Insurance, visit the North Dakota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or North Dakota DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)