Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Allenhurst, NJ
Allenhurst, NJ Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Allenhurst
- Minimum Liability Limits in Allenhurst, NJ: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Basic policy (optional) limits are $10,000/$10,000/$5,000. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage not available under the basic policy but uninsured motorist coverage is required under the standard policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Allenhurst 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Allenhurst Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Allenhurst, NJ.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Allenhurst 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Allenhurst
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Allenhurst, NJ
Motorcycle License Regulations in Allenhurst, NJ 
Detailed information about Allenhurst laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Allenhurst
- A person who successfully completes a road test for a motorcycle license or a motorcycle endorsement when operating a motorcycle or motorized scooter with an engine displacement of less than 231 cubic centimeters shall be issued a motorcycle license or endorsement restricting the person's operation of such vehicles to any motorcycle with an engine displacement of 500 cubic centimeters or less.
- A person who successfully completes a road test for a motorcycle license or motorcycle endorsement when operating a motorcycle with an engine displacement of 231 or more cubic centimeters, or successfully completes an approved motorcycle safety education course, shall be issued a motorcycle license or endorsement without any restriction as to engine displacement.
- The director of the MVC may waive the road test portion of the examinations required for a motorcycle license or endorsement if the applicant has successfully completed a motorcycle safety education course. All applicants for a motorcycle license who have never previously held such license shall be on probation for a period of 2 years following the issuance of their initial license.
- A motorized bicycle license may be issued to any person 15 years of age or older upon proof of identity, date of birth, and passage of a driving examination.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Allenhurst, NJ 
Various regulations and laws in Allenhurst regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Allenhurst
- A motorcycle operator and passenger must wear a securely fitted helmet that is equipped with either a neck or chin strap.
- A motorcycle operator and passenger must wear goggles or a face shield, unless the motorcycle is equipped with a wind screen meeting specifications established by the director.
- An operator of a motorcycle must not carry any other person unless the motorcycle is designed to carry more than 1 person and has adequate footrests for each passenger.
- No person shall operate a motorcycle which has handle bar grips higher than the shoulder height of the operator when seated.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps, 1 tail lamp, 1 stop lamp, and at least 1 reflector on the rear.
Rider & Driver Facts in Allenhurst, NJ
Allenhurst Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Allenhurst 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $500.
Allenhurst Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Allenhurst 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NJ 
- New Jersey ranked 11th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Allenhurst Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NJ 
- In 2012, New Jersey totaled 332,470 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 8th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NJ ranked 9th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about New Jersey
The borough of Allenhurst (New Jersey) has an approximate population of 496 and is located in Monmouth County. 
Allenhurst, NJ Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Allenhurst, or for additional resources related to Allenhurst Motorcycle Insurance, visit the New Jersey Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or New Jersey DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)