Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Hamilton, MT
Hamilton, MT Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Hamilton
- Minimum Liability Limits in Hamilton, MT: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Hamilton 
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Hamilton Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Hamilton, MT.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Hamilton 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Hamilton
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Hamilton, MT
Motorcycle License Regulations in Hamilton, MT 
Detailed information about Hamilton laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Hamilton
- A license is not valid for the operation of a motorcycle or quadricycle unless the holder of the license has successfully completed a road or skills test for a motorcycle or quadricycle and the license has been clearly marked with a motorcycle endorsement.
- Before riders can obtain a motorcycle endorsement, they must first apply for a Montana driver's license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hamilton, MT 
Various regulations and laws in Hamilton regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hamilton
- All operators and passengers under 18 years of age of a motorcycle or quadricycle must wear protective headgear approved by the DOJ.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Montana.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- A person operating a motorcycle or quadricycle on public streets or highways may ride only on the permanent and regular seat. The operator may not carry a passenger unless the passenger is seated on a seat designed for 2 persons or on another seat firmly attached to the side or rear of the operator.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with at least 1 properly functioning taillamp mounted on the rear that emits a red light plainly visible from a distance of 500 ft.
Rider & Driver Facts in Hamilton, MT
Hamilton Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Hamilton 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Hamilton Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Hamilton 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph (Trucks: 65 mph)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 70 mph (Night: 65 mph)
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MT 
- Montana ranked 42nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Hamilton Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MT 
- In 2012, Montana totaled 158,873 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 21st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MT ranked 41st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Montana
The city of Hamilton (Montana) has an approximate population of 4,348 and is located in Ravalli County. 
Hamilton, MT Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Hamilton, or for additional resources related to Hamilton Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Montana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Montana DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)