Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bozeman, MT
Bozeman, MT Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bozeman
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bozeman, MT: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bozeman 
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Bozeman Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bozeman, MT.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bozeman 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bozeman
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bozeman, MT
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bozeman, MT 
Detailed information about Bozeman laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bozeman
- A license is not valid for the operation of a motorcycle or quadricycle unless the holder of the license has successfully completed a road or skills test for a motorcycle or quadricycle and the license has been clearly marked with a motorcycle endorsement.
- Before riders can obtain a motorcycle endorsement, they must first apply for a Montana driver's license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bozeman, MT 
Various regulations and laws in Bozeman regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bozeman
- All operators and passengers under 18 years of age of a motorcycle or quadricycle must wear protective headgear approved by the DOJ.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Montana.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- A person operating a motorcycle or quadricycle on public streets or highways may ride only on the permanent and regular seat. The operator may not carry a passenger unless the passenger is seated on a seat designed for 2 persons or on another seat firmly attached to the side or rear of the operator.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with at least 1 properly functioning taillamp mounted on the rear that emits a red light plainly visible from a distance of 500 ft.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bozeman, MT
Bozeman Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bozeman 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Bozeman Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bozeman 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph (Trucks: 65 mph)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 70 mph (Night: 65 mph)
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MT 
- Montana ranked 42nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bozeman Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MT 
- In 2012, Montana totaled 158,873 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 21st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MT ranked 41st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Montana
The city of Bozeman (Montana) has an approximate population of 37,280 and is located in Gallatin County. 
Bozeman, MT Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bozeman, or for additional resources related to Bozeman Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Montana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Montana DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)