Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Edgar Springs, MO
Edgar Springs, MO Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Edgar Springs
- Minimum Liability Limits in Edgar Springs, MO: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Edgar Springs 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Edgar Springs Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Edgar Springs, MO.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Edgar Springs 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Edgar Springs
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Edgar Springs, MO
Motorcycle License Regulations in Edgar Springs, MO 
Detailed information about Edgar Springs laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Edgar Springs
- It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle or motor-tricycle unless the operator has a valid license that shows the operator has successfully passed an examination for the operation of the vehicle. Active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces may waive the driving skills portion of the examination by submitting a proof of completion card from a military Motorcycle Rider Training Course.
- Any person at least 15 1/2 years of age who, except for age or lack of instruction in operating a motor vehicle, would otherwise be qualified to obtain a motorcycle or motor-tricycle license or endorsement, may apply, with the written consent of the parent or guardian of such person, for a temporary motorcycle instruction permit to operate a motorcycle or motor-tricycle.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Edgar Springs, MO 
Various regulations and laws in Edgar Springs regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Edgar Springs
- Every person riding on or operating a motorcycle or motor-tricycle shall wear protective headgear.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Missouri.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps. Every motorcycle equipped with a sidecar or other attachment shall be equipped with a lamp on the outside limit of such attachment capable of displaying a white light to the front.
- Required equipment: 1 rearview mirror, horn, fuel tank cap, license plate, muffler, registration card, tires approved for highway use, and turn signals (if equipped by manufacturer).
- There is no passenger age restriction in Missouri.
Rider & Driver Facts in Edgar Springs, MO
Edgar Springs Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Edgar Springs 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 5 days.
Edgar Springs Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Edgar Springs 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 60 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MO 
- Missouri ranked 14th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Edgar Springs Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MO 
- In 2012, Missouri totaled 175,887 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 19th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MO ranked 18th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Missouri
About Edgar Springs
The city of Edgar Springs (Missouri) has an approximate population of 208 and is located in Phelps County. 
Edgar Springs, MO Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Edgar Springs, or for additional resources related to Edgar Springs Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Missouri Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Missouri DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)