Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Sallis, MS
Sallis, MS Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Sallis
- Minimum Liability Limits in Sallis, MS: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Sallis 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Sallis Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Sallis, MS.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Sallis 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Sallis
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Sallis, MS
Motorcycle License Regulations in Sallis, MS 
Detailed information about Sallis laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Sallis
- A restricted motorcycle license can be issued to any applicant who fulfills all the requirements necessary to obtain such a license. The license allows the person to operate a motorcycle and no other motor vehicle.
- A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to any person who holds a valid Mississippi driver's license and meets the requirements for endorsement.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Sallis, MS 
Various regulations and laws in Sallis regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Sallis
- All riders of a motorcycle or motor scooter are required to wear a crash helmet that is designed, inspected, and approved by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Mississippi.
- Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.
- No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Mississippi.
Rider & Driver Facts in Sallis, MS
Sallis Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Sallis 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Sallis Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Sallis 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MS 
- Mississippi ranked 29th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Sallis Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MS 
- In 2012, Mississippi totaled 28,264 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 50th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MS ranked 34th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Mississippi
The town of Sallis (Mississippi) has an approximate population of 134 and is located in Attala County. 
Sallis, MS Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Sallis, or for additional resources related to Sallis Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Mississippi DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)