Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Ackerman, MS
Ackerman, MS Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Ackerman
- Minimum Liability Limits in Ackerman, MS: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Ackerman 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Ackerman Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Ackerman, MS.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Ackerman 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Ackerman
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Ackerman, MS
Motorcycle License Regulations in Ackerman, MS 
Detailed information about Ackerman laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Ackerman
- A restricted motorcycle license can be issued to any applicant who fulfills all the requirements necessary to obtain such a license. The license allows the person to operate a motorcycle and no other motor vehicle.
- A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to any person who holds a valid Mississippi driver's license and meets the requirements for endorsement.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ackerman, MS 
Various regulations and laws in Ackerman regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ackerman
- All riders of a motorcycle or motor scooter are required to wear a crash helmet that is designed, inspected, and approved by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Mississippi.
- Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.
- No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Mississippi.
Rider & Driver Facts in Ackerman, MS
Ackerman Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Ackerman 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Ackerman Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Ackerman 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MS 
- Mississippi ranked 29th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Ackerman Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MS 
- In 2012, Mississippi totaled 28,264 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 50th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MS ranked 34th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Mississippi
The town of Ackerman (Mississippi) has an approximate population of 1,510 and is located in Choctaw County. 
Ackerman, MS Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Ackerman, or for additional resources related to Ackerman Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Mississippi DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)