Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Frankenmuth, MI
Frankenmuth, MI Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Frankenmuth
- Minimum Liability Limits in Frankenmuth, MI: 20/40/10 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Frankenmuth 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Frankenmuth Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Frankenmuth, MI.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Frankenmuth 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Frankenmuth
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Frankenmuth, MI
Motorcycle License Regulations in Frankenmuth, MI 
Detailed information about Frankenmuth laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Frankenmuth
- A person, before operating a motorcycle upon a public street or highway in this state, must procure a motorcycle endorsement on the operator's or chauffeur's license.
- Before a person who is less than 18 years of age is issued an original motorcycle endorsement on an operator's or chauffeur's license, the person must pass an examination and a motorcycle safety course.
- A person, before operating a moped upon a highway, must procure a special restricted license to operate a moped unless the person has a valid operator's or chauffeur's license. A special restricted license to operate a moped may be issued to a person 15 years of age or older if the person satisfies the Secretary of State that he is competent to operate a moped with safety.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Frankenmuth, MI 
Various regulations and laws in Frankenmuth regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Frankenmuth
- A person under age 21 operating or riding on a motorcycle on a public thoroughfare shall wear a U.S. DOT approved crash helmet. Persons age 21 and older must wear a helmet unless they have had a motorcycle endorsement for at least 2 years or have passed a motorcycle safety course, and have $20,000 in insurance.
- Eye protection required by law unless equipped with windscreen and is required at speeds over 35 mph.
- A motorcycle must be equipped with adequate seats and foot rests or pegs for each designated seating position.
- Handlebars may not be higher than 15 inches from the lowest point of the undepressed saddle to the highest point of the handle grip of the operator.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Michigan.
Rider & Driver Facts in Frankenmuth, MI
Frankenmuth Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Frankenmuth 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported if property damage exceeds $1000.
Frankenmuth Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Frankenmuth 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 60 mph)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MI 
- Michigan ranked 10th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Frankenmuth Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MI 
- In 2012, Michigan totaled 266,489 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 10th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MI ranked 8th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Michigan
The city of Frankenmuth (Michigan) has an approximate population of 4,944 and is located in Saginaw County. 
Frankenmuth, MI Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Frankenmuth, or for additional resources related to Frankenmuth Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Michigan Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Michigan DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)