Motorcycle Insurance Providers in North Riverside, IL
North Riverside, IL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in North Riverside
- Minimum Liability Limits in North Riverside, IL: 20/40/15 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in North Riverside 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
North Riverside Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of North Riverside, IL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in North Riverside 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in North Riverside
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in North Riverside, IL
Motorcycle License Regulations in North Riverside, IL 
Detailed information about North Riverside laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in North Riverside
- Licenses will not be issued to any person under the age of 18 as an operator of a motorcycle unless the person has completed a motorcycle training course approved by IDOT and the required Secretary of State's motorcycle driver's examination.
- A 12-month instruction permit for a motor-driven cycle or motorcycle may be issued to a person 18 years of age or more, which entitles the holder to drive upon the highways during daylight under the direct supervision of a licensed motor-driven cycle operator or motorcycle operator with the same or greater classification, who is 21 years of age or older and who has at least 1 year of driving experience.
- An instruction permit for a Class M license may be issued to an applicant under age 18 only after successful completion of an approved driver education course and documentation of enrollment in an Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) Motorcycle Rider Education course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Riverside, IL 
Various regulations and laws in North Riverside regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Riverside
- Illinois does not have a motorcycle helmet law.
- Every driver and passenger must be protected by glasses, goggles, or a transparent shield.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests for such passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars higher than the height of the shoulders of the operator when seated on the motorcycle.
- Motorcycles and motor-driven cycles need not be equipped with electric turn signals.
Rider & Driver Facts in North Riverside, IL
North Riverside Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in North Riverside 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1,500, or $500 if any vehicle involved in the crash is uninsured.
- The deadline to file a report with the Department of Transportation is 10 days.
North Riverside Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in North Riverside 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in IL 
- Illinois ranked 7th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
North Riverside Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in IL 
- In 2012, Illinois totaled 364,655 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 5th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: IL ranked 4th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Illinois
About North Riverside
The village of North Riverside (Illinois) has an approximate population of 6,672 and is located in Cook County. 
North Riverside, IL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in North Riverside, or for additional resources related to North Riverside Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Illinois Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Illinois DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)