Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bartelso, IL
Bartelso, IL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bartelso
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bartelso, IL: 20/40/15 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bartelso 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Bartelso Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bartelso, IL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bartelso 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bartelso
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bartelso, IL
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bartelso, IL 
Detailed information about Bartelso laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bartelso
- Licenses will not be issued to any person under the age of 18 as an operator of a motorcycle unless the person has completed a motorcycle training course approved by IDOT and the required Secretary of State's motorcycle driver's examination.
- A 12-month instruction permit for a motor-driven cycle or motorcycle may be issued to a person 18 years of age or more, which entitles the holder to drive upon the highways during daylight under the direct supervision of a licensed motor-driven cycle operator or motorcycle operator with the same or greater classification, who is 21 years of age or older and who has at least 1 year of driving experience.
- An instruction permit for a Class M license may be issued to an applicant under age 18 only after successful completion of an approved driver education course and documentation of enrollment in an Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) Motorcycle Rider Education course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bartelso, IL 
Various regulations and laws in Bartelso regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bartelso
- Illinois does not have a motorcycle helmet law.
- Every driver and passenger must be protected by glasses, goggles, or a transparent shield.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests for such passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars higher than the height of the shoulders of the operator when seated on the motorcycle.
- Motorcycles and motor-driven cycles need not be equipped with electric turn signals.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bartelso, IL
Bartelso Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bartelso 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1,500, or $500 if any vehicle involved in the crash is uninsured.
- The deadline to file a report with the Department of Transportation is 10 days.
Bartelso Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bartelso 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in IL 
- Illinois ranked 7th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bartelso Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in IL 
- In 2012, Illinois totaled 364,655 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 5th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: IL ranked 4th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Illinois
The village of Bartelso (Illinois) has an approximate population of 595 and is located in Clinton County. 
Bartelso, IL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bartelso, or for additional resources related to Bartelso Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Illinois Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Illinois DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)