Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Safety Harbor, FL
Safety Harbor, FL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Safety Harbor
- Minimum Liability Limits in Safety Harbor, FL: 10/20/10 
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Safety Harbor 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Safety Harbor Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Safety Harbor, FL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Safety Harbor 
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Safety Harbor
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Safety Harbor, FL
Motorcycle License Regulations in Safety Harbor, FL 
Detailed information about Safety Harbor laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Safety Harbor
- The examination for a motorcycle license endorsement tests the applicant's knowledge of the operation of a motorcycle and of any traffic laws specifically relating to motorcycles.
- Examination also includes an actual demonstration of the applicant's ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle.
- Every 1st-time applicant for licensure to operate a motorcycle who is under 21 years of age must provide proof of completion of a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Safety Harbor, FL 
Various regulations and laws in Safety Harbor regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Safety Harbor
- A person may not operate or ride upon a motorcycle unless the person is properly wearing protective headgear unless the operator is 21 years of age or older and is covered by an insurance policy providing at least $10,000 in medical benefits for injuries incurred as a result of a crash while operating or riding on a motorcycle.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle unless the person is wearing an eye-protective device over his or her eyes of a type approved by the DMV.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, shall be equipped with footrests for such passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars that are higher than the top of the shoulders of the person operating the motorcycle.
- Any person who operates a motorcycle on the public streets shall, while so engaged, have the headlight or headlights of the motorcycle turned on.
Rider & Driver Facts in Safety Harbor, FL
Safety Harbor Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Safety Harbor 
- Crashes are required to be reported as soon as possible in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be reported as soon as possible in cases when property damage exceeds $500.
Safety Harbor Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Safety Harbor 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in FL 
- Florida ranked 3rd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Safety Harbor Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in FL 
- In 2012, Florida totaled 619,152 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 2nd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: FL ranked 3rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Florida
About Safety Harbor
The city of Safety Harbor (Florida) has an approximate population of 16,884 and is located in Pinellas County. 
Safety Harbor, FL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Safety Harbor, or for additional resources related to Safety Harbor Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Florida Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Florida DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)