Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Pinellas Park, FL
Pinellas Park, FL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Pinellas Park
- Minimum Liability Limits in Pinellas Park, FL: 10/20/10 
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Pinellas Park 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Pinellas Park Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Pinellas Park, FL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Pinellas Park 
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Pinellas Park
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Pinellas Park, FL
Motorcycle License Regulations in Pinellas Park, FL 
Detailed information about Pinellas Park laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Pinellas Park
- The examination for a motorcycle license endorsement tests the applicant's knowledge of the operation of a motorcycle and of any traffic laws specifically relating to motorcycles.
- Examination also includes an actual demonstration of the applicant's ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle.
- Every 1st-time applicant for licensure to operate a motorcycle who is under 21 years of age must provide proof of completion of a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Pinellas Park, FL 
Various regulations and laws in Pinellas Park regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Pinellas Park
- A person may not operate or ride upon a motorcycle unless the person is properly wearing protective headgear unless the operator is 21 years of age or older and is covered by an insurance policy providing at least $10,000 in medical benefits for injuries incurred as a result of a crash while operating or riding on a motorcycle.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle unless the person is wearing an eye-protective device over his or her eyes of a type approved by the DMV.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, shall be equipped with footrests for such passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars that are higher than the top of the shoulders of the person operating the motorcycle.
- Any person who operates a motorcycle on the public streets shall, while so engaged, have the headlight or headlights of the motorcycle turned on.
Rider & Driver Facts in Pinellas Park, FL
Pinellas Park Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Pinellas Park 
- Crashes are required to be reported as soon as possible in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be reported as soon as possible in cases when property damage exceeds $500.
Pinellas Park Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Pinellas Park 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in FL 
- Florida ranked 3rd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Pinellas Park Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in FL 
- In 2012, Florida totaled 619,152 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 2nd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: FL ranked 3rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Florida
About Pinellas Park
The city of Pinellas Park (Florida) has an approximate population of 49,079 and is located in Pinellas County. 
Pinellas Park, FL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Pinellas Park, or for additional resources related to Pinellas Park Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Florida Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Florida DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)