Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Norwich, CT
Norwich, CT Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Norwich
- Minimum Liability Limits in Norwich, CT: 20/40/10 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Norwich 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Norwich Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Norwich, CT.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Norwich 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Norwich
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Norwich, CT
Motorcycle License Regulations in Norwich, CT 
Detailed information about Norwich laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Norwich
- Applicants are eligible for a learner's permit at age 16, after passing a vision test and written test.
- Applicants for motorcycle licenses between the ages of 16 and 18 must have the notarized consent of a parent, guardian, or spouse, proof that they have completed a novice motorcycle training course.
- All applicants who want to obtain a motorcycle endorsement also must satisfactorily complete a novice motorcycle training course.
- All applicants who have not had a Connecticut driver's license in the previous 2 years must pass a vision test, written test, and an on-the-road examination.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Norwich, CT 
Various regulations and laws in Norwich regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Norwich
- All motorcycle operators must wear a protective helmet if they are in their 1st year of licensure, holding learner's or instructor's permits, or under age 18. Passengers under age 18 are required to wear a protective helmet.
- All motorcycle operators must either have a safety shield installed on the motorcycle, a helmet shield, or wear safety goggles.
- A person operating a motorcycle shall not carry another person unless the motorcycle has a seat designed for 2 persons or there is a second seat firmly attached to the rear or side of the operator's seat.
- Every motorcycle must have at least 1 tail lamp and 1 rear stop lamp; Every motorcycle must have at least 1 red rear reflector.
- Every motorcycle must have either 1 or 2 headlamps.
Rider & Driver Facts in Norwich, CT
Norwich Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Norwich 
- Crashes are required to be reported when property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 5 days.
Norwich Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Norwich 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in CT 
- Connecticut ranked 33rd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Norwich Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in CT 
- In 2012, Connecticut totaled 83,332 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 30th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: CT ranked 30th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Connecticut
The city of Norwich (Connecticut) has an approximate population of 40,493 and is located in New London County. 
Norwich, CT Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Norwich, or for additional resources related to Norwich Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Connecticut Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Connecticut DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)