Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Sand Point, AK
Sand Point, AK Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Sand Point
- Minimum Liability Limits in Sand Point, AK: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Sand Point 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Sand Point Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Sand Point, AK.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Sand Point 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Sand Point
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Sand Point, AK
Motorcycle License Regulations in Sand Point, AK 
Detailed information about Sand Point laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Sand Point
- Licenses are required for operators at least 16 years old.
- Learner's permits are available for those age 14, but they must ride under the supervision of a licensed motorcycle operator at least 19 years old.
- Operators under age 18 are required to have a 6-month instruction permit.
- A license is required for mopeds. Driver's must be 14 years old, and the bikes can have a maximum engine size of 50 cc.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Sand Point, AK 
Various regulations and laws in Sand Point regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Sand Point
- Reflectorized helmets are required for operators age 17 and under, for passengers of all ages, and for operators with learner or instructional permits.
- Glasses, goggles, or a windscreen is required.
- Passenger seat and footrests are required if carrying passengers.
- Left and right rearview mirrors are required. Taillights are required.
- Daytime headlights must be on while the motorcycle is in operation.
Rider & Driver Facts in Sand Point, AK
Sand Point Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Sand Point 
- Crashes must be reported in cases of death or injury or when property damage exceeds $2,000.
- The deadline to issue a report is 10 days.
Sand Point Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Sand Point 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AK 
- Alaska ranked 49th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Sand Point Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AK 
- In 2012, Alaska totaled 31,940 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 46th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AK ranked 49th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Alaska
About Sand Point
The city of Sand Point (Alaska) has an approximate population of 976 and is located in Aleutians East County. 
Sand Point, AK Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Sand Point, or for additional resources related to Sand Point Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Alaska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Alaska DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)