Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Marshall, AK
Marshall, AK Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Marshall
- Minimum Liability Limits in Marshall, AK: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Marshall 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Marshall Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Marshall, AK.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Marshall 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Marshall
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Marshall, AK
Motorcycle License Regulations in Marshall, AK 
Detailed information about Marshall laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Marshall
- Licenses are required for operators at least 16 years old.
- Learner's permits are available for those age 14, but they must ride under the supervision of a licensed motorcycle operator at least 19 years old.
- Operators under age 18 are required to have a 6-month instruction permit.
- A license is required for mopeds. Driver's must be 14 years old, and the bikes can have a maximum engine size of 50 cc.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Marshall, AK 
Various regulations and laws in Marshall regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Marshall
- Reflectorized helmets are required for operators age 17 and under, for passengers of all ages, and for operators with learner or instructional permits.
- Glasses, goggles, or a windscreen is required.
- Passenger seat and footrests are required if carrying passengers.
- Left and right rearview mirrors are required. Taillights are required.
- Daytime headlights must be on while the motorcycle is in operation.
Rider & Driver Facts in Marshall, AK
Marshall Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Marshall 
- Crashes must be reported in cases of death or injury or when property damage exceeds $2,000.
- The deadline to issue a report is 10 days.
Marshall Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Marshall 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AK 
- Alaska ranked 49th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Marshall Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AK 
- In 2012, Alaska totaled 31,940 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 46th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AK ranked 49th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Alaska
The city of Marshall (Alaska) has an approximate population of 414 and is located in Wade Hampton County. 
Marshall, AK Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Marshall, or for additional resources related to Marshall Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Alaska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Alaska DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)