Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Buckland, AK
Buckland, AK Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Buckland
- Minimum Liability Limits in Buckland, AK: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Buckland 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Buckland Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Buckland, AK.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Buckland 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Buckland
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Buckland, AK
Motorcycle License Regulations in Buckland, AK 
Detailed information about Buckland laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Buckland
- Licenses are required for operators at least 16 years old.
- Learner's permits are available for those age 14, but they must ride under the supervision of a licensed motorcycle operator at least 19 years old.
- Operators under age 18 are required to have a 6-month instruction permit.
- A license is required for mopeds. Driver's must be 14 years old, and the bikes can have a maximum engine size of 50 cc.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Buckland, AK 
Various regulations and laws in Buckland regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Buckland
- Reflectorized helmets are required for operators age 17 and under, for passengers of all ages, and for operators with learner or instructional permits.
- Glasses, goggles, or a windscreen is required.
- Passenger seat and footrests are required if carrying passengers.
- Left and right rearview mirrors are required. Taillights are required.
- Daytime headlights must be on while the motorcycle is in operation.
Rider & Driver Facts in Buckland, AK
Buckland Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Buckland 
- Crashes must be reported in cases of death or injury or when property damage exceeds $2,000.
- The deadline to issue a report is 10 days.
Buckland Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Buckland 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AK 
- Alaska ranked 49th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Buckland Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AK 
- In 2012, Alaska totaled 31,940 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 46th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AK ranked 49th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Alaska
The city of Buckland (Alaska) has an approximate population of 416 and is located in Northwest Arctic County. 
Buckland, AK Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Buckland, or for additional resources related to Buckland Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Alaska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Alaska DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)