Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bon Air, AL
Bon Air, AL Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bon Air
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bon Air, AL: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bon Air 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Bon Air Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bon Air, AL.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bon Air 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bon Air
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bon Air, AL
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bon Air, AL 
Detailed information about Bon Air laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bon Air
- A driver's license issued pursuant to state law suffices to operate a motor-driven cycle.
- A person 14 years of age or older may obtain an operator's license for motor-driven cycle and must register with the Director of Public Safety.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bon Air, AL 
Various regulations and laws in Bon Air regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bon Air
- Protective headgear and shoes required for motorcycle operators and passengers.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Alabama.
- Motorcycle carrying passengers, except in sidecar or enclosed cab, shall have footrests for passenger.
- No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above that portion of the seat occupied by the operator.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Alabama.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bon Air, AL
Bon Air Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bon Air 
- Crashes are required to be reported in incidents of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $250.
- The deadline to file a (safety responsibility) report is 30 days.
Bon Air Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bon Air 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AL 
- Alabama ranked 17th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bon Air Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AL 
- In 2012, Alabama totaled 132,465 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 23rd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AL ranked 21st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Alabama
About Bon Air
The town of Bon Air (Alabama) has an approximate population of 116 and is located in Talladega County. 
Bon Air, AL Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bon Air, or for additional resources related to Bon Air Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Alabama Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Alabama DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)